Note: I am no longer updating this page. Please visit: My Investing Approach
Information about Gorilla Trades and other investment techniques
Please read disclaimer at bottom of page.
GorillaTrades’ emphasizes the need to build up a diversified portfolio of stocks. They don’t try to chase 40% gains per day nor do they make any such claims on the site. I do have a GorillaTrades specific OpenOffice Calc spreadsheet. OpenOffice is a free download.
OpenOffice 1.0 specific spreadsheet: Download (The extension of the file should be just .sxc. If it has .zip, just remove that part and the spreadsheet should work fine. I don’t know why it does this.)
OpenOffice 2.0 specific spreadsheet: Download
Instructions are below:
It should be pretty self-explanatory. Enter company name, symbol, # of shares, confirm day, trigger price, buy day, buy price, and then the stop loss and targets and everything else is calculated automatically. The stocks current price is updated from Yahoo Finance via a macro (it refreshes only when the spreadsheet is reloaded). The upper “green” section is for the current portfolio, while the “red” bottom section is for stocks that have sold. There is a section to indicate the price you sold 75% of the stock at (as recommended to do at the first target), and a spot to indicate at what price the remaining 25% sold at. Make sure to also indicate the total number of trades. For example, I would put “1″ for the selling at the first target and then change that to “2″ only when I sell the remaining 25%. This allows the program to correctly keep track of commissions. Should you get out of a stock all at once then you just put the 75% and 25% sell prices equal and indicate only “1″ trade. What I’ve been doing is keeping the top section up-to-date as to the suggested targets and then should I sell, I just copy down whatever info I need and then delete the entry on top as soon as I am 100% out of the stock. The spreadsheet is protected so that the cell formulas are not accidentally overwritten, but you can easily unprotect it (I left the password blank).
I take no responsibility with how this spreadsheet is used.
I read on a blog somewhere that GorillaTrades is solely based on technical analysis. This is true in the sense that it doesn’t take into account any news (until that news is reflected in the charts). However, before purchasing a confirmed stock I always check it out at VectorVest (which gives a buy/hold/sell based on valuation). Usually, the GorillaTrades picks are buy recommendations. They are mostly stocks that are not just technically posed to increase but also are undervalued and have a history of positive earnings/dividend growth. I highly recommend VectorVest. It gives some very good information. I feel that combining the GorillaTrades technical approach and price targets with the VectorVest valuation approach has yielded and should yield great results.
You can always get a free 30-day trial and see if it works for you. Or, go here http://www.gorillatrades.com/popup.html. There you can get a copy of the Gorilla’s latest email, which includes any new potential GorillaPicks or GorillaShorts for the next session. This is the exact same email that I get, but you can only have access to the current GorillaTrades portfolio, which includes the price targets and stop price, by getting the free trial.
Investment sites recommended in the comments below:
Blogs that discuss Gorilla Trades: Wealth Junkie >> Gorilla Trades Page
GorillaTrades is a registered trademark of GorillaTrades, Inc. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are property of their respected owners. My comments below fall within my rights of nominative fair use; and I am exercising my right to freedom of speech to voice these comments. I am not publishing copyrighted data nor profiting from this blog page. I have no affiliation to GorillaTrades or to any of the other investment sites mentioned.
I am not a financial analyst. I am just someone interested in investing. I will not be responsible for how this information may be used.